Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cauli-Fried Rice. Only 146 Calories per Serving!

This cauli-fried rice is going to blow your mind. I didn't tell my husband it wasn't "rice" and he was saying "mmm mmm mmm". He loves the Chinese food buffets and I absolutely DO NOT. When I think of all the grease and MSG in the food, it grosses me out. Even the sauteed vegetables have some kind of sauce on them. SO! When I came across this idea I was so excited. I simplified it and made my own version. And now that I have perfected it I wanted to share it with you. Enjoy!


Pardon the dates on the pictures. Just got a new camera that day and didn't know how to take it off..lol.

What you'll need:
2 Bags of frozen Cauliflower
1/2 Can carrots diced. Fresh, cooked carrots are always better but this is the quick way.
       (It's about 1 cup cooked, diced carrots)
1 Cup frozen peas
1 Package stir fry seasoning
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Cup egg substitute. (This would be 4 eggs)
Cooking spray and Salt

Serves 4 - 146 Calories per serving (Not including your chosen protein)

Set your peas and cauliflower on the counter an hour before you start cooking OR nuke 'em. I think it helps to have the cauliflower half frozen when you start to blend because it doesn't puree as quickly. You do not want your cauliflower pureed. Blend a half bag at a time and just enough to make the size and texture of rice. Get a large skillet heating over high heat and line the pan with cooking spray.

Pour your cauliflower in to "fry". They don't really brown but this should take a couple of minutes.


Add your peas.

After another minute and peas are heated up, add seasoning packet.

Add the cooked carrots

Create a hole in the middle of the skillet by pushing your cauliflower mixture out around the edges. Pour the egg substitute in the center and scramble. Mix everything together and your done!

Add your favorite protein like Shrimp or Chicken and enjoy! I did not add the calories for the protein because I switch it up.


Serve it up and enjoy the looks on people's faces when you tell them it's not real fried rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback! Follow the "Questions" tab to ask me questions.