Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Burrito Bowl Booster-Only 350 Calories!

This burrito bowl is packed with protein and fiber to get you through the hump in your day. Or you can make it as an easy-throw-together dinner. I prepare all the ingredients on Sunday and keep them in Tupperware to be able to throw together real easy all week. This burrito bowl gives you the energy you need that you don't get from an all vegetable salad. Check it out!





Ingredients you will need:
1 Cup chopped lettuce (I like iceberg in this particular salad)
1/3 Cup black beans (rinsed out of can) I tried the whole hydrating beans thing and I didn't like the final product.
1/2 Cup cubed, prepared chicken
1 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
1/4 Cup shredded, skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 Cup salsa (as long it's around 15 calories per serving)
2 Lime wedges
1 Diced green chile (canned) OPTIONAL for extra spice

Put all the ingredients into a bowl, squeeze your lime over it, and enjoy! You don't even need salt because the lime takes care of that for your taste buds. I prefer to heat up my chicken and beans before I throw them in. The entire bowl is 350 calories of metabolism boosting ingredients.

Prepared Chicken: The best way to prepare juicy chicken is to cube up your boneless, skinless, and fat trimmed chicken breasts. Throw them in a skillet with nonstick cooking spray, garlic salt and chili powder (you can choose your own seasonings). I make this chicken ahead of time each week and use it in ALL kinds of meals. Make sure you keep tossing the chicken so they don't sit on one side too much and keep covered as much as possible. This all keeps the moisture in and keeps the chicken tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback! Follow the "Questions" tab to ask me questions.