Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Low Calorie Chopped Salad

Do you want a delicious, guilt free salad that you can enjoy OFTEN? I experimented with A LOT of different salad dressings, ingredients, and so on. My husband would like one but I wouldn't like it. Then I would like one and he wouldn't. I FINALLY found the perfect salad that we both enjoy. I have also served this salad at BBQ's and friends also love it. Well here it is!

Ingredients you will need: (Serves 2 to 3 people)
- 1/3 Head of Lettuce
- 1 Hand Full of Spinach
- 1/2 Cucumber (medium)                            
- 1 Tomato
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Banana Peppers (I like the hot ones)           
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese 
- 1/2 Can Blackeyed Peas
- "Good Seasons" Italian dressing mix 
  (EVOO, White Vinegar, and Water to make dressing)
- Chicken is optional


To begin, make your dressing. You can find "Good Seasons" dressing at Walmart if you cannot find it at your local grocery store. They have a great deal where you buy the dressing bottle and get two packets of seasoning free. The best part is it nice and cheap! The bottle has the lines to where you add each ingredient. So easy! I like to substitute half of the olive oil for more water to cut out some calories.




Now chop the lettuce, spinach, tomato, cucumber and peppercini's. By chop I mean square bites. All about the same size. Add everything in one bowl. Add your Feta and beans.


If you are adding chicken, add it now. Pour the dressing over your ingredients and toss. I use about 1/4 to 1/2 cup dressing. I find it easy to have a bowl with a tight fitting top so I can just close it up and shake.
With Chicken





Without Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback! Follow the "Questions" tab to ask me questions.