Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Belly Buster Cheese and Avocado Omelette! Only 225 Calories!

I have been trying, for a long time, to find a breakfast that gives me energy AND satisfies me. The yogurt and granola breakfast does not interest me or satisfy me. This is another huge reason I created Craft, Cook and Clean because these are the things I want to share with everyone. I have experimented with so many healthy recipes and ingredients and here it is! The first of my recipe posts. My healthy cheese and avocado omelette is so delicious, easy and cheap to make.
Click "read more" to see how to make your own!
Things you'll need:
1/2 Cup Egg Beaters - 60 calories
3 Tbsp salsa -30 calories
1/4 Cup low fat shredded white cheese - 60 calories
1/2 Avocado - About 75 calories
Salt

A few tips: 
- Walmart sells Great Value Egg Beaters the cheapest. I use Egg Beaters because it has significantly less calories and fat. Also, no cholesterol.
- Walmart also sells the best salsa ever! I blend their "World Table Salsa Verde" and "World Table Salsa Cesara" into one tupperware bowl and it is the perfect.
- The dollar stores sell cheap low calorie white cheese, and again, it's cheap! 

Get to Cookin'!
Begin by heating a small nonstick skillet over high heat. Spray the skillet with nonstick cooking spray.


When the skillet has heated up, pour your egg beaters into the skillet. Let the skillet do it's thing until you see the edges turning solid. Then begin to lift the edges and leaning the pan toward the edge you're lifting to let the uncooked liquid run underneath.


When no more liquid is running off the top, season with salt (and pepper if you'd like), then flip the entire omelette over to cook the other side. This is when I turn the heat off and add the cheese on one half. Fold the omelette in half and slide onto a plate.


Slice half of your avocado still in the skin. this makes it easier to scoop out and fan across the omelette. Make your slices and run the butter knife around the edges. Then spread the avocado over the omelette.


Spoon your favorite salsa over the top and walla! Enjoy! 

Thank you so much for reading my first recipe here on Craft, Cook and Clean! I hope you love it as much as I do. I am a calorie counting fool, so feel free to ask questions about food!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback! Follow the "Questions" tab to ask me questions.